Submit Your Work
If you have a manuscript you'd like us to consider for publication, please carefully read the submission guidelines below.
- BP accepts unsolicited submissions of science fiction and fantasy novels. We do not publish short stories, short story collections, novellas, or poetry. The average length of the novels we publish varies, but is almost never fewer than 80,000 words.
- A literary agent is not required for submission. We will not consider manuscripts that are currently on submission to another publisher unless prior arrangements have been made with a literary agent. It may require up to nine months or more for our editors to review a manuscript. If our services surpass the nine month review period, we no longer require an exclusive submission.
- At this time, we do not accept electronic submissions of any kind. Please send us the entire manuscript with a cover letter. Do not submit handwritten material. The manuscript should be on 8 1/2″ x 11″ white paper, double-spaced, with at least 1″ margins. Please use only one side of the page, number your pages consecutively, and put the title of your novel at the top of each page. Manuscripts should always be unbound. You are entitled to Media Mail rates for literary manuscripts—ask at your local post office.
Very important: Please type your name, address, phone number, and manuscript word count in the upper right hand corner of the first page of your manuscript.
- Please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your submission, for our correspondence. Additionally, if you would like to be notified when your manuscript has been logged in, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed postcard.
- We ask that you only send us disposable copies of your manuscript, which will be recycled in the event they are not found suitable for publication. We regret that we are no longer able to return submitted manuscript copies.
- It is not necessary for you to register or copyright your work before publication—it is protected by law as long as it has not been published. When published, we will copyright the book in the author’s name and register that copyright with the Library of Congress.
Where To Send Your Manuscript:
Please remember that Brandon Publishing does not accept sexually explicit material. Therefore, you may be asked to remove sexually explicit material or language; or risk the chance of your manuscript not being considered.
Mail Submissions To:
Brandon Publishing/Submissions Dept
2305 Knob Hill #11
Okemos, MI 48864
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have parental approval to submit your work, and you must have that permission stated on the first page of your manuscript/query letter along with the name and contact information of your guardian.